04 June 2006

My scooter is BACK...


...with a vengeance!!! The good folks at Bulldog Cycles did a phenomenal job in restoring my little red scooter. Tim did the plastic welding on the front headlight cover so that I no longer needed the duct tape and the electric tape to hold it together. They put anti-rust coating on my tail pipe, drained the oil and replaced it with the proper two-stroke oil for motorcycles (I've been using the marine outboard oil, which is a big no-no), replaced the front tire (it was flat), adjusted the freeplay on the handlebar, hooked up the electricity on my headlight...all for a whopping charge of 50 dollars!!! I couldn't believe the owner Kevin didn't charge anything, so I bought a bottle of oil and a pair of gloves from him and on top of that slipped 20 extra dollars into the total bill. I ended up paying about a hundred, which was about how much I was expecting to pay for the job alone...

So now my little red scooter rides smooth and wonderful...I am so happy to have her back. I hope she'll survive the trip to Melbourne. Oddly enough, I can't think of a name for her. I just know she is a girl, a pretty stubborn one at that. I guess most red creatures are hard-headed. My car, Schroeder, is a tough little veteran as well.


Schroeder will require some surgery within the next few months. He needs a paint job badly and it's possible that his catalytic converter needs to be looked at. Despite every little/big problems I've ever had with him, he's a good and loyal car.

No comments: