15 April 2006

Lack of Posts

My apology...currently FSU students are experiencing crunch time prior to finals week. Since we do not have a dead week (e.g. a week without classes exclusively for studying), students have to work on assignments as well as study for whatever last minute exams their professors decided to shove into their busy schedule...and this is excluding the finals that most unlucky individuals have to endure.

I actually have several posts in draft form, but cannot post them because either I haven't had the time to proof-read them, or I don't have the right pictures for the articles, etc.

I went to the St. John's Passion by J.S. Bach tonight. They dwelled on the crucifixion for a whopping one hour before we finally got to the resurrection (sort of). Overall, it was an 'ok' concert...I have a love-hate relationship with the University Symphony. They are not consistently good, and I think it's because it is dependent on how excited the members are with the piece that they are performing. When Joshua Bell came a few years ago and played Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto, and after the intermission they performed Dvorak's Symphony No. 9, the orchestra was SUPERB. Tonight, it felt as if most of the members simply wanted to get St. John done and over with. Or maybe it's just me...who knows.

No comments: