09 August 2006

Passed My Defense

I was so exhausted from the last few days of packing and preparing for my project defense that today shortly after I got my "PASSED" paper, I literally passed out. Here is an image of a sleeping panda as a re-enactment of what happened between the hours of 3 pm to 8 pm today:

Dr. Baker, to my eternal surprise, did not grill me with questions. My professors were surprised that I had an audience at all. The Wams, Jimama, The Mur and Micah showed up and I was able to address to them (which was much easier for me) than just to the professors. I was glad that my committee could make it, though there was a considerable amount of awkwardness in the atmosphere (I have no idea why, The Mur seemed to think that CS people in general are just awkward people). Dr. Liu I think was more pleased with the slides than he was yesterday, since I added per his suggestion over ten slides to the presentation to explain the implementation aspect of the project. I knew that the committee would spend 20 min over whether to pass me or not, so I brought the soccer call and we played hallway soccer during the wait. I hate waiting. Especially for something like this. Pushes me on the verge of nervous breakdown. Already six or so things that had gone horribly wrong, four of them have been remedied. Things look good.

Now, back to packing.

No comments: