09 November 2006

Meet Mito, My New Friend

4:3 aspect, MF

If you've seen Nausicaa, Valley of the Wind, then you would get the reference to Nausicaa's loyal one-eyed steward. The etymology of his name means "to see" in Japanese. Mito arrived via Fedex at 1220h. I specifically used my lunch hour to drive home and sign for him. He traveled two long days from New Jersey to Orlando, then to Rockledge where they deploy the packages to the residents of Brevard County. Mito is a Panasonic Lumix FZ50K. For a camera with a lot of manual settings, he is surprisingly easy to use. The secret to Mito is the Leica lens that gives him an edge in the competitive field of digital cameras.

As soon as the work day ended, I took some test shots on 192, a bridge that connects the barrier island to the rest of Florida. I used to jog there because of the scenery but I had to stop when my knees started to hurt. The sunsets on 192 are incredible.

16:9 aspect, MF, on bridge 192


16:9 aspect, MF, Indian River

I'm considering getting some filters for the light shots, and maybe a telephoto lens for planespotting. Hopefully I'll have the latter before the next spotting trip, which will be in Rockledge, FL.

4:3 aspect, AF, probably faster shutter speed for better image resolution?


16:9 aspect, AF, boat fishing


4:3 aspect, AF

Coming from someone who has used a poor resolution palmcorder for most of her photography, this is a huge leap for me. This is my inaugural posting to Mito. May this be a start of a long and beautiful relationship.

2 comments:

Dr. Jaus said...

Woww!! Congratulations for your new camera!! Looks great, and if you can use a telezoom, your next spotting session will be memorable!

Light said...

Nice camera!