20 November 2006

Skylog (a cold day in Melbourne)

It is rare for southern Florida to go below 10 degrees, but when it does it is fantastic (at least for me). My co-workers were griping about the cold, but I used to live in places where sheets of ice form on the sidewalk. During snow days, when you cannot walk (unless you have ice shoes), you sit down on the sidewalk and slide down the slope. Florida winter simply cannot be called harsh.

Today I tried shooting everything in RAW. I figured instead spending the time on the spot trying to figure out the best settings (and there are so many), I might as well just concentrate on the fstop and shutter speed and tweak the images later. A few of my photography friends suggested it, and in the end I think it is a better idea. Plus I just got my 4 GB SDHC card...can't let it go to waste now can I? ;)

New Haven, 192

I ran out after work to the bridge in order to practise on taking sunsets. The precious twenty minutes I had on the bridge, I was able to literally witness the sun sinking into the horizon. It was pretty cold (especially when you're close to the ocean) and after 20 or so shots I couldn't really feel my hands. It was worth it though. How can you die and not see something like this?

1 comment:

Dr. Jaus said...

Congratulations! Every day you make better photos with your new camera! Great skies!