11 January 2007

Skylog - Sunrise at Flight Level 370

Price of tickets to Taiwan: WAY TOO MUCH.
Time it takes to get from Taiwan to Florida: WAY TOO LONG.
Quality of the economy seats: WAY TOO CRAMP.

See a sunrise at 37,000 feet: Priceless. :p

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, we will have to hope that the A380 will solve two of the three problems listed above. ;)

For the curious, it takes about 17 hours of flight to return to Florida because of the jet streams, which are westerly winds. Without the jet streams, it takes 20 hours to get to Taiwan from Florida.

2 comments:

Fernando Sanchez said...

It really is priceless, great shots :) should consider summiting them to airliners. Guess I'll have to do the trip sometime... not just because of the chance to take great shots, but I am curious to go to the "Far East" sometime.

DJ Were-Panda said...

I would like to submit them...but I can't. On the second picture, you might notice some out of focus scratches on the upper left part of the image (more distinct at the wing). The window I was shooting out of had a lot of scratches. I had to try different things to prevent background light from reflecting them too much (even took a shirt and wrapped it around my camera just to reduce it). But I couldn't get rid of it. Ppl at Airliners.net are picky about microscopic dust particles (that I couldn't even see). They'd freak out about a visible scratch.

Thanks though...it's worth it to fly east and visit some of the cramp societies of the pandas. Terrible jetlag though if you don't do it right...